Check the welcome message for the latest highlights! Let us know your impressions on Twitter at #BICT2015!
Best Papers have been selected! Don't miss the best paper video presentations!
You are cordially invited to participate in BICT 2015 to be held at Columbia University, NY, USA, in December 2015.
Sponsored by EAI, ACM SIGSIM, ACM SIGEVO, ACM SIGAPP, Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Bremen and CREATE-NET, BICT 2015 aims to provide a world-leading and multidisciplinary venue for researchers and practitioners in diverse disciplines that seek the understanding of key principles, processes and mechanisms in biological systems and leverage those understandings to develop novel information and communications technologies (ICT). BICT 2015 targets two thrusts:
THRUST 1: Indirect Bioinspiration (ICT designed after biological principles, processes and mechanisms). Examples include evolutionary computation, artificial gene regulatory networks, neural networks/computation, swarm intelligence, cellular automata, artificial immune systems, amorphous computing, artificial life, artificial chemistry, reaction-diffusion computing, self-organization, chaotic systems, social networks, game theory, computational epidemics, agent-based modeling, and nature-inspired models and calculi.
THRUST 2: Direct Bioinspiration (ICT utilizing biological materials and systems). Examples include biosensing, molecular assembly, cellular computing, molecular computing/communication, membrane computing, bacterial computing/communication, DNA computing and memory, Physarum computing, quantum computing, biometric security/authentication, brain-computer interfaces and energy harvesting from biological sources.
BICT will feature the state-of-the-art keynote speeches, parallel technical sessions, focused special tracks, interactive demo/poster sessions, informative co-located workshops and entertaining social functions. Here are several important notes and announcements:
- Keynote speeches by world authorities are being arranged.
The technical program consists of the main track and a series of special tracks.
- Artificial, Biological and Bio-Inspired Intelligence (ABBII)
- Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering (AISE)
- Anthropomorphic Robot and Physiological Information for Cares and Daily Communication (ARPI)
- Biological Computing and Bio-medical Informatics (BCBI)
- Bio-Inspired Communications and Computing (BICC)
- BioNanoNetworks: Modeling, Design, Performance and Applications (BMDPA)
- Bio-inspired Self-propelling Systems (BSS)
- Bio-inspired Wireless Network Security (BWNS)
- Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS)
- Combinatorial Optimization (COP)
- Engineering Applications from Bio-Molecular Networks (EmNet)
- Game Theory and its Applications (GTA)
- Molecular Communication and Networking (MCN)
- Modularization for Practical Software Engineering (MPSE)
- Swarm Robotics (SR)
- Topology-driven bio-inspired methods and models for complex systems (TOPDRIM4Bio)
Selected papers will be considered for publication in leading journals.
- IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience
- ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications
- Elsevier Information and Software Technology
- Elsevier Information Sciences
- Elsevier Nano Communication Networks Journal
- Springer Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling
- Int'l Journal of Soft Computing and Networking
- Springer Swarm Intelligence
- Co-located workshops will take place: BIICT 2015, Bioinformatics 2015, CMVC 2015 and PhysNet 2015.
- Movie night, which will screen the documentary movie "The Creeping Garden.".
George Azzopardi, University of Malta, Malta
Title: COSFIRE: A brain-inspired approach to visual pattern recognition
Date and Time: 14:15-15:00, 12/4 (Fri)
Antonio Rodriguez-Sanchez, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Title: A discussion on Deep Learning, Convolutational Neural Networks and Sparse coding
Date and Time: 10:15-11:00, 12/4 (Fri)
STUDENT PARTICIPATION GRANTS
BICT 2015 provides a limited number of student participation grants. Full-time students are qualified to apply. See this page for more details. The application deadline is October 22.