Call for Papers
|The deadline for paper submissions has been extended to September 11th|
A printable (PDF) version of this call for papers is available here
The 6th International Conference on Bio-Inspired Models of Network, Information and Computing Systems
December 5th - 7th, 2011 York, England
Sponsored by ICST (Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering). Technical cooperation with Create-Net
Bionetics 2011 aims to provide a world-leading and unique opportunity for bringing together researchers and practitioners from diverse disciplines that seek the understanding of the fundamental principles and design strategies in biological systems and leverage those understandings to build bio-inspired systems.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Signal/information processing and communication models in biological systems
- Bio-inspired formal models and methods
- Bio-inspired algorithms and mechanisms
- Bio-inspired software and hardware systems
- Biomimetics, bioenginereing and synthetic biological systems
- Modeling and simulation of bio-inspired systems, biological systems and synthetic biological systems
- Self-* properties in bio-inspired systems, biological systems and synthetic biological systems
- Design and performance issues in bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
- Tools, testbeds and deployment aspects in bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
- Real-world applications and standardization of bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
- Socially-aware, game theoretic and other metaphor-driven interdisciplinary approaches to bio-inspired systems and synthetic biological systems
Application domains include, but not limited to, autonomic computing, bioinformatics, biological engineering, computer networks, computer vision, data mining, green computing and networking, grid/cloud computing, intelligent agents, mechanical engineering, molecular communication, nano-scale computing and networking, optimization, pervasive computing, robotics, security, software engineering, and systems engineering.
- Regular paper submission due: September 11th
- Notification of acceptance: September 23rd
- Camera ready due: October 8th
Authors are invited to submit papers of up to 15 pages in the Springer LNICST format. Please visit http://www.bionetics.org/submission.shtml for detailed submission instructions.